- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Hawassa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 2000, currently working in five regions in providing relief services to refugees, victims of drought, and war affected populations. IRC Hawassa FO is one of the field offices working in SNNPR since 2005.This position reports to Finance Officer and will have the following responsibilities;
- Effects all cash payments and collections made outside of the office (travel to field office)
- Prepares check and effect payments after approval from the designated official.
- Responsible to maintain files of financial records, agreements and other documents.
- Records all cash in office, petty cash and bank transactions on excel format using the correct codes and forward to Finance Officer for review.
- Keeping all used and unused finance vouchers in a safe place.
- Keep the petty cash fund in the safe box and replenish timely when reaches its minimum balance as per the IRC policy.
- Prepare cash transfer request and submit for Finance Officer/Manager for review.
- Track the status of personal advances and ensures their timely settlement.
- Assist the Finance Officer/ Manager in preparation of the reports.
- Carries out cash count at the end of every week and at any interval as per the IRC policy.
- Reconcile cash balance per records with the result of cash count.
- Make sure taxes and any other liabilities paid timely.
- Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced.
- Make sure each month financial documents scan are remain in the field office and filed before document send to Addis.
- Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
- Perform financial duties in line with IRC Program, Personnel & Finance Regulations.
- Make sure that all finance documents are stamped with IRC Ethiopia Paid or Received stamp we send to Addis.
- Prepare any finance related outgoing letters.
- Replace Finance Officer in her/his absence and undertake all duties as necessary.
- Do all tasks assigned by the Finance Officer and Finance Manager.
- BA Degree in accounting a minimum One year / Accounting Diploma minimum three years’ experience.
- Ability to communicate well English
- Operating MS office applications
- Operating excel, Word and Access is required. Knowledge of Sun Accounting system and/or other accounting software is advantageous
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Experience working in hardship areas and Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations.
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:-
IRC Jijiga field office P.O.BOX: 1070
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied for
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Closing Date : March 22, 2020