- Company: International Rescue Committee – IRC
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Jijiga – Somali Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ethiopia
The driver has the over all responsibility for Driving IRC’s vehicle as per IRC’s driving procedure and keeping the vehicle clean and in a very good condition.
· Driving IRC’s vehicle as per IRC’s vehicle procedure.
· Maintains and updated vehicle log sheet by filling in all required information properly and accurately.
· Coordinates with staff on their travel requirements.
· Reports promptly to the logistics department losses Malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
· Keeps vehicles clean and in a very good condition. Cleaning of vehicles is the responsibility of drivers.
· Provide some mechanical services to the vehicle as required
· Takes delivery of goods, supplies, etc on behalf of IRC as required.
· Assists staff in translation
· Follow up the periodic service of the vehicle and full fill the necessary condition for the maintenance on time.
· Fill daily checklist and waiver if any.
· Keep IRC’s Safety procedure.
• 4/3 years of experience with high school graduate or TVET/Diploma
• And safe driving ability and strictly adhering to IRC’s driving and vehicle management as well as government regulations.
• NGO experience is a plus
• General Knowledge of Auto mechanics is desirable
• Good Off road and intra city driving skill
• Good Communication skill in both writing and Speaking English
• Able to pass IRC Driving test
• Able to speak Somali language
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:-
IRC Jijiga field office P.O.BOX: 1070
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied for
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Closing Date : March 20, 2020